Tuesday, April 1, 2008

ENDS 170 Project 2



Here is a rendering of my second project in ENDS 170 class. The assignment was simple. It required the students to take a section view of their previous project and use the Photoshop program to edit the rendering into an analytical image.

In my image I added the people and several works of art including work from Piet Mondrian, Jackson Pollock, Van Gogh, Monet, and Michaelangelo. In addition, the sculpture I had designed earlier in a 3D composition is part of the gallery and there is people admiring it.

My gallery is mainly meant to be experienced through walking and admiring the works of art. For that reason, most of the people added to this image are walking around the building and the galleries admiring the works of art. The only exception is hard to see, but there is a boy admiring the work of Piet Mondrian sitting down on the floor in the second floor of the second building. Since my complex has a lot of landscape around the buildings, I decided to use it as areas where people can walk and admire the beauty of the landscape and the ocean that surrounds it.

Overall, I liked using Photoshop to crop the Revit rendering, people, landscape, and artwork. It took me a while to learn how to properly crop the people and place them into the image, but once I figured it out, it was pretty easy. Like with the earlier project, I know that if I had more experience with the program, my project would have turned out better. Photoshop is a powerful program that allows many possibilities. Unfortunately, I do not have the program in my computer so I cannot experiment with it and explore its possibilities. Other than that, the program is pretty easy to work with.

No comments: